5.24.2009

Dear Matt...

Finally.
You're finally mine for all Eternity.
It was a bittersweet day, Boo.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Your parents came down from Utah, as well as all of your siblings.
I bought a new dress.
The most expensive dress since my wedding dress.
It was so pretty.
A sherbet orange, with color on color polka dots.
Megan did my hair and put some beautiful orchids in it.
I, of course, wore waterproof mascara.
Ellen made be a beautiful bouquet of Spider mums and Hydrangea.
I felt like a bride all over again.
It was a beautiful day.
But you weren't there, Boo.
You weren't there to hold my hand
To make a silly face
To kiss me
To hold me so tight and squeeze the breath out of me.
It was supposed to be us.
It was your hand I was supposed to hold
Your face I was supposed to see in the mirror along with mine.
I know you were there in Spirit.
I know you are happy.
I promised you I would not leave you alone.
And I won't.
I will see you soon.
And I'll get to hug you
and touch you
and kiss you
and never have to be a part from you again.
Not ever.
Oh, Boo, I love you so much.
I am so grateful to have this blessing, for it eases my pain a bit.
Not a lot, but at least I know that the Lord will reunite me with you again.
I hope I don't have to wait long.
I'm not afraid of death.
We all have to face it sooner or later.
And after it has come, there you'll be.
I love you.
So much.
For ever.
I'll see you soon love.
I Promise.

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment