3.23.2009

Dear Matt...

So another day goes by without you.
I still have to choke down my tears.
I just don't want people to worry.
But, Boo, you are going to be a hard act to follow.
I just don't think there will ever be anyone else in my life.
I'm not talking about low self-esteem crap.
I'm just talking about facts.
I've only gone out with four guys in my life including you
and none of them every liked me as much as I liked them.
No chance.
I tried, and maybe I tried to hard, I don't know.
But then you came along, and you liked me.
Enough to contemplate a future with me.
Enough to marry me.
I was so scared when you first brought up the idea of marriage.
I honestly had given up hope.
There you sat across from me, and looking me in the eyes, you said we should take this to the next level.
"Holy Crap" I thought, just staring at you.
I couldn't help it.
I started crying.
You loved me.
Despite everything, you loved me.
Despite me not driving.
Despite me being a slob.
Despite me not knowing what to do with my life.
Despite me not being pretty, or slim, or well-spoken, or intelligent....
You loved me.
And now you are gone.
And I feel so alone.
I feel like I'm just living in a world with muted colors.
Everything is just slightly darker.
I feel slightly darker.
I hate living without you.
I hate it.
I hate it.
I hate it!
You were always so patient with me.
You helped me with everything and never made me feel stupid or like I was an inconvenience.
You made time for me.
You loved me.
Who knows, I might find "love" again, but no one will love me like you did.
No one.
I was so lucky.
So blessed.
Now...I don't know what I am.
I just don't know.
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment