2.25.2009

Dear Matt...


I did it, Boo! I got my permit! I hope you're proud of me.
Now comes the hard part: actually driving. With other cars!
EEEKKK!!
But I just have to remind myself that 16 yr old's can do it.
AND I was able to keep my old picture.
Woo Hoo!
Oh honey, I 'm so sorry it took me so long to get it.
I know you were anxious for me to learn.
I wish so badly that I had done it.
Then you would have smiled at me with that lovely smile of yours.
I would have rushed into your arms and you would have held me so tight.
You would have joked about how it was time and
I would have punched you lightly in the arm.
But you would looked at me, with pride in your eyes.
And I would have smiled.
There are so many things we'll never get.
But I was so lucky to have you.
Even for a short while.

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment